Sunday, September 26, 2010

Think Pink ~Bling My Bra & CIBC Run for the Cure




October is "Think Pink" month. I am just so happy when I contribute to what is good in this world. Yesterday I drove down to the USA border to mail out a bra ~ Yes, a bra. The one in the photo that will be auctioned off on eBay for the cause. http://stores.ebay.com/Bling-My-Bra-Fundraising-Charity Starting Oct 1st
I found out about this worthy cause called "Bling My Bra" through friends from eBay in support of a cure for breast cancer. This is a great opportunity for me to do something for a worthy cause and it was so appropriate as I am in the "bling" business.
My blingy bra has some of our European styled (Pandora) beads on it and some other surprises. I hope it brings in a good amount of bids.
This is one of my favorite charities so I also made up a a themed bracelet for the CIBC Run for the Cure, in Thunder Bay. This bracelet will be presented to the woman who crosses the finish line first that has battled or has breast cancer. I am very honoured to provide this bracelet as the prize. This is our second year providing a bracelet towards this great event.


We are on the road this week with a special visit to Dryden, Ontario for an Art and Handcrafter's Event at their Curling Club. I look forward to meeting some of my customers there. I will be traveling there with my friend Michelle from Bee23 http://www.bee23.ca/ who has blogged about events through the summer as we worked at markets. You can read her blog at http://feelthebee.blogspot.com/
She has posted some fun photos of me enjoying the fresh air. That is why I love my Jangle Sisters Jewels business. I truly enjoy the people and the excellent events and festivals that I attend. There is also nothing that makes me happier than positive feedback from my customers. You can read some of my feedback at my store located at http://www.janglesistersjewels.com.

In failure keep my faith,
In success keep me humble.
Steady me to do the full share of my work.
and more, as well as I can, and when that is done,
stop me, pay me what wages Thou wilt, and permit
me to say, from a loving heart....a grateful Amen.

Og Mandino ~ Prayer to an unseen friend




No comments:

Post a Comment